To My Eleven-Year-Old Sister,

To my eleven-year-old sister,

As I find various phenomena in social media happening right now and am surprised that I take part in those things too, I remember you. I remember an eleven-year-old girl growing up to be a woman, waiting her time to blossom at the right time. And I also know, as I have experienced one too, that growing up is not easy. You probably get confused to set your role model or someone to look up for. But don’t worry, it will find its way.

To my eleven-year-old sister,

I hope you have a courageous heart to change yourself first. To eliminate the prejudice you make the second you meet typical people, to believe they can do more. And I hope when you get disappointed by those people, you don’t lose hope.

I hope you see beauty in everyday life. I hope you can spot the true beauty in every photo, regardless of how many times they try to edit it or what application and filter used to obtain those beautiful effects. I hope you can see and appreciate the beauty in every selfie photo, but never be afraid to post photo showing your hope, dream, or your work. I hope you won’t turn like those people who criticize other people posting their meal photo so badly, but still be bold with your own concept. Don’t you ever worry for what people think. If you like cats, then go for them. Capture the moment when your cat is licking its own fur, or whatever. Be you.

Just like our rotated photo,sis

I hope you concern about your health, not just your size. I hope you see the point when the media try to overwhelm you with the concept of skinny, or boney. And I hope you can place yourself too, at the time when obese people try to convince you that it is okay. I hope you equip yourself with the understanding that being healthy is number one. And by that, you know what I mean, right sis?

I hope you never stop helping people. Not just to survive, but also to thrive. I hope you find yourself offering a hand to those who are less fortunate. And if people judge you by the way you work on your mission, I hope you still go for it. I hope you don’t hate those who are much luckier than we are, for God has already blessed us in ways we don’t always expect. I hope you can make friends with anyone and be able to adjust yourself in today’s community.

I hope you know that being a believer is not a mistake. To believe in sayings, “God is good all the time” when life starts to piss you off. I hope you still find time to talk to Him and to cry to Him too. If you feel that He is no longer there to help you, I hope you see Him ifaces you meet every day. And don’t stop there. Be one of those people. Remember, you may be the only bible that people read.

To my eleven-year-old sister,

hope you can forgive those who hurt you. I hope you don’t carry all those burdens on your small shoulder, as those aren’t good for you.  I also hope you have courage to ask for apologies and start changing for better. I hope you find yourself be merry in every minute in this life, knowing that we can’t trade anything to get time passed.

To my eleven-year-old sister,

I hope you know that your this oh-so-so sister always prays for you. I hope you live the life you always want. And if it doesn’t go as you wish, I hope you have the wisdom to accept and adjust your sail. I hope you turn out to be the next hope of this changing world, without even caring whether Time Magazine will feature you on their cover or not.

And if my hopes don’t work on you, I hope you can always hope.

Blessings,
Your sister.

Komentar

Postingan Populer